According to a recent survey, for the second year in a row, when the clock strikes twelve on New Year’s Eve, most of us be ringing in the New Year at home vs. going out. So for those of us whom are part of this trend of entertaining at home I wanted to share some less stress, prep ‘n money saving tips to revel in the New Year.
TIP #1 - Delegate and Ditch: Sani and Mani savers.
• Invite help for cheese plates, veggies n dips, desserts
• Use Disposals: plates, silverware
• Use food serving bowls for things like breads, melons and squashes
TIP #2 - Distract to reduce pre party clean up.
Keep the focus off the dust ‘n on the peeps in the gathering.
• Photos of loved ones ‘n friends coming/dust
• Get well cards on mantel
• Conversation starters: Party napkins that stimulate conversations and distract from gourmet goodies
TIP #3 - Downsize Drinks ‘n Dinner.
Remember you are not Martha: Simplify, simplify, simplify!
• No open bar
• Single serving drinks place in garden pots filled with ice (let them melt when party’s over and water plants-trees eco-friendly!
• K.I.S.S. create a special new year’s drink large punch bowl
• Make it a Spud-tacular din n desert! EZ ‘n inexpensive!
• Bake up large baked and sweet potatoes (wrap in tin foil to serve)
Put out a variety of toppings for each like: Baked potatoes, Sour cream, Caviar, Guacamole, Cheese, Sweet potatoes, Ricotta cheese, Honey, Apricot preserves, Marshmallows, Chocolate Chips.
Get your kids involved and have them make signs for toppings.