ENGLEWOOD, Fla. -- Two Englewood lawn workers are being labeled heroes after saving a man from a house fire.
It happened Monday afternoon on West Wentworth Street in Englewood. Walter Wasyluk and CJ Norman were mowing a clients lawn when they noticed smoke coming from a nearby duplex.
The two men ran to the duplex and began beating on the front door. The tenant inside had fallen asleep on the sofa with a lit cigarette. The men woke up the tenant with the pounding on the door and he was able to escape.
The victim suffered first and second degree burns and was transported to Tampa General Hospital. Englewood Fire Rescue Credits the two men's actions with saving the tenants life.