MANASOTA KEY, FL (WWSB) – Residents in Manasota Key now have water service, but it comes with a boil water notice.
Addresses affected by this notice are:
- From 6131 Manasota Key Road North with normal water pressure expected.
- From 6131 Manasota Key Road South, including Sandpiper Key Condominiums with lower than normal water pressure expected.
All water used for drinking or cooking purposes should be boiled. A rolling boil of one minute is sufficient or as an alternative, bottled water may be used.
This order is just a precaution, because of low water pressure. Officials will continue to test the water until they're confident it's safe to drink.
Manatee County Utilities has issued a Mandatory Boil Order Notice for Bayshore Condos Unit 1, Pinch A Penny, SOB Burgers, Check N Go and Guys Tobacco. (See attached map for specific locations)
- Customers in the impacted area are asked that once service is restored all water used for drinking and cooking should be boiled as a precaution. Bottled water is another option for impacted customers.
- If you have questions, call (941)792-8811 X. 5268 or 5216 between 7 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. You should call (941)747-4357 after 3:30 p.m. or on weekends.
The Town of Longboat Key remains under a boil water advisory
Wednesday, water in the City of Venice was declared safe for drinking. But the following areas are still under a boil water advisory:
- 1000-1044 (even) Groveland Ave.
- 1009-1045 (odd) Myrtle Ave.
- 315 and 414 School St.
- 712-744 (even) Myrtle Ave.
- 711-745 (odd) Pineland Ave.
- 401 and 463 S US 41 ByPass
- 111, 211 and 217 W Airport Ave.
- 1114-1410 (even) Nokomis Ave. S.
- 300 block Shore Road, 304 Beach Rd.
- 800 block Guild Drive, 800 block of Golf Dr.
- 200 block of San Marco Dr.
All Water has been restored to the City of Venice.
The following is the latest area that has had water restored:
1000-1044 (even) Groveland Ave,
1009-1045 (odd) Myrtle Ave,
315 AND 1040 School St
The area is under a boil water advisory for drinking and cooking for 72 hours, and until the boil water notice has been rescinded.