SARASOTA, Fla. -- The second race in the second annual Sarasota SUP (Stand Up Paddleboard) Race Series lands at Nathan Benderson Park in Sarasota this Saturday.
Tickets for competitors are available at www.sarasotasupseries.com and admission is free to the public with activities, board demos, skateboard races, vendors and entertainment for all ages.
Races start at 9:00am Saturday morning.
Benderson Park offers a totally unique experience for SUP Racers: Active wave attenuation systems, making for a flat and fast SUP race course, while racers are close to bike paths through the race course so coaches, fans and family can accompany and cheer on their racers by bicycle through the entire race.
Events and Activities for the August 23rd Sarasota SUP Series Race include:
- Elite 10 K "Choose your own course direction" Race, 5K Recreational Race, Grom 1 K Race
- "Dash For Cash" Sprint Races...winner of each division is handed $50 bill
- Free Longboard, Penny Skateboard and Vert Ramp course for all to enjoy (Sponsored by The Compound Board Shop)
- Lunch and SUP Sarasota Custom Flex Fit hats to all entries and Division Winners receive custom Camelback Water Bottle Trophies
- Raffle Prizes from Camelback, Kona, Go Puck, Tommy Bahama, Sports Authority, SUP Sarasota, The Compound Board Shop, NK SpeedCoach, Riviera, Starboard, Board Balance, etc.
- Over 12 Different Board manufacturers to demo the latest boards..and over 30 SUP related vendors to see and demo the top gear.
- Tommy Bahama Lounge with free appetizers and cocktails
- Kona Girls paddling the park giving out free Kona Brews and a Kona Cornhole Area where all are welcome to grab a partner and compete.
- Lazybunz Water Lounge, have some food, grab a beer and a Lazybunz Lounger and relax and listen to some tunes in the cool water!