Do you want to grow your own food? Join this free online conference March 3-7 with Vandana Shiva, Will Allen, Ocean Robbins, & other farmers, backyard food growers and urban food activists as they guide and inspire you to grow food at home this year. Sign up here: http://orgcns.org/N3U2fx
Food Growing Summit 2014 - March 3-7
Planting Community Resilience
- Learn from the experts in this free series of inspirational conversations.
- Get started now – begin to grow some of your food at home.
- Help build your community’s resilience through growing & eating healthy food.
- Learn why your local food economy is so important and integral to our global health.
Join us as we talk with Will Allen (Growing Power, Milwaukee), Vandana Shiva (Navdanya - Earth Democracy), Paul Stamets (Fungi Perfecti), Joel Salatin (Polyface Farm), Ocean Robbins (Food Revolution Network), John Valenzuela (Cornucopia Food Forest Gardens), Erika Allen (Growing Power, Chicago), and other farmers, home food growers and community activists involved in local food growing.
They’ll share their experience about how to grow food simply at home and how that makes our families and communities stronger. You'll learn:
- Why it’s so important for us all to take part in local agriculture in our communities.
- How growing our own food builds our community resilience and why that makes us healthier and happier.
- Why supporting local farmers makes our healthy food sources more secure.