Vertical lip lines are the result of a number of factors. With age and exposure to the elements, collagen and elastin in the skin around the lips diminish. Repetitive contractions of the lips crease the skin and gradually form lines. Frequent lip pursing from smoking or drinking from straws can speed up this process. Genetics come into play as well. At SkinSmart Dermatology we provide some of the top treatments to reduce and soften lip lines that are proven effective … and most require minimal downtime.
Often just one procedure will not offer the results you wish, so in some cases we may suggest one or more of the following treatments:
- BOTOX® Cosmetic, Dysport® and XEOMIN® carefully placed in small amounts can soften lip lines that are caused by repetitive lip movements.
- Injectable fillers such as Restylane®, JUVÉDERM® and BELOTERO BALANCE® can fill out lip lines from beneath the skin. We can also use fillers to sculpt the lips and make them fuller.
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) injections rejuvenate the skin using growth factors from your own blood.
- Fractional skin resurfacing with the SmartXide DOT® laser, Fraxel re:pair® and e-Matrix™ can renew collagen production to smooth out lines.
- Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) helps improve elasticity and fullness of the skin in addition to treating redness and excess pigmentation.
- Microdermabrasion and chemical peels can make lip lines less pronounced by sloughing away the outermost layer of dull, dry skin.
We also use the VISIA® skin analysis system to develop a treatment plan that addresses each patient’s unique skincare needs. Depending on your specific concerns, we might also suggest scientifically proven skincare products to soften lip lines and protect the lips.