As featured on
On Friday, Jan. 24, Governor Rick Scott will announce Florida's latest jobs numbers.
Despite the growth, the state's unemployment rate saw a slight uptick to 5.7 percent.
Florida created the most jobs with people working for themselves of any state in the nation, with positions in real estate and rentals leading the way.
- Rollover crash causes major backup on I-75 northbound in Sarasota Co.
- Armed robbery at RaceTrac gas station in Sarasota Co.
- Total awards offered increased by $5k for info on beaten tortoises in LWR
- 'No Swim' advisory issued for 2 locations in Venice
- 12-foot pilot whale washes ashore at Point of Rocks Beach
- Car flips twice, becomes engulfed in flames after head-on crash on US 301
- 75-year-old bicyclist hit by car on Washington Boulevard in Sarasota
- Police search for Publix shoplifters in Sarasota Co.
- Passenger in SUV shot multiple times at another car in Sarasota
- Police recover body off of Holmes Beach