As featured on
Nearly 98 percent of Florida's classroom teachers are "effective" or "highly effective" according to ratings released by state officials.
Though controversial, the move has gained bipartisan support in recent months.
SARASOTA, Fla. (WWSB)--Despite strong opposition from school boards and superintendents across the state, a sweeping new education bill is now law in Florida.
- Shots fired at Sarasota business during armed robbery
- Driver killed after F-150 became airborne over ditch on SR-64
- Cops: Domestic related incident shuts down roads in North Port
- Sarasota man passes out behind the wheel with toddler in the car
- 44-year-old sex offender moves to Venice
- Sarasota couple arrested for trafficking drugs
- The man convicted of murdering Carlie Brucia will get a new sentencing phase trial
- Grandparents arrested after boy left at rest stop in FL
- Frontier Airlines adds 11 new destinations at Tampa International Airport
- DUI Wolfpack Operation set for this weekend