SARASOTA, FL (WWSB) - World Cup Gyros
Serving: 3-4 Gyros
- 1 lb Ground Chuck
- 1 lb Ground Pork
- 1/2 Merguez Bulk Sausage (optional)
- 1/4 Sweet Onion, chopped finely
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, chopped into small squares
- 1 pack Knorr Greek Salad dressing mix (dry package)
- 2.5 cups greek yogurt
- 1 english cucumber
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1.5 tablespoon-fresh chopped dill
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and black pepper taste
- 1 tomato sliced into 1/4 inch thickness
- 1 red onion sliced
- 4 pieces of pocketless Pita Bread
Make the sauce first to make sure to have time to let it chill.
1. If you want a thicker sauve, strain Greek yogurt through a triple layered cheese cloth for one and a half to two hours.
2. Peel and chop the English Cucumber and place in a strainer and sprinkle with salt to drain out the juice. To help place a plate on top and place a heavy object on top of the plate. Let drain for at least 30 min.
Copyright 2018 WWSB. All rights reserved.