Valentine's Day Cake Pops
- 1 lb Cake Crumbs (Pick your favorite type of cake.)
- 6 oz icing or ganache
- 12 Cake Pop straws (You can get any paper straws from a party store to help decorate or to make more festive.)
- 1 lb of melting chocolate
- Mix these two ingredients until applicable dough is formed. (Play-Doh consistency)
- Form the cake and ganache mixture into desired shape, or roll out using cookie cutters to create solid shapes.
- Refrigerate the cake pop tops for at least one hour.
- Melt the chocolate for 20 second increments in the microwave, stirring after each to make sure that nothing has burnt and there is equal heat throughout the chocolate.
- Dip the end of the end of the cake pop straw approximately ½ inch into the melted chocolate and then take the cake pop top and push the straw in until firmly implanted.
- Dip the cake pop into the melted chocolate until covered, then allow excess chocolate to drip off. Let the cake pop dry on wax paper.
- Add sprinkles or colorful edible glitter to dress up your cake pop and bring happiness to your guests!