A sweet colorful salsa to try at your next gathering. Adding sweet and salty tortilla chips will be sure to entice your guests.
Ingredients yield approximately 6 servings
- Tri-color tortilla chips (try frying your own, you will taste the difference!)
- Fine sugar and cinnamon mixture (about ¾ cup sugar to ¼ cup cinnamon or to your taste!)
- 2 quarts of diced strawberries (fresh)
- 1 fresh mango coarsely diced
- 2 ripe Hass avocados coarsely diced (*add these just prior to serving to prevent browning)
- 3 TBSP of honey
- 3 freshly squeezed lime juice (key limes great for this)
- 1 TBSP Micro Cilantro (Cahaba Club Herbal Outpost, www.cahabaclub.com)
- Pinch of kosher salt and about 3 grinds of fresh pepper.
1. Warm oven to 300F and spread chips out in a layer on 2 large cookie sheets.
2. Combine strawberries, mango, honey, lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper and toss gently to combine.
3. Warm chips in oven for 2-3 minutes, toss or sprinkle sugar/cinnamon mixture immediately over chips.
4. Add avocados to salsa and toss gently.