St. Louis Style Smoked Ribs | Brick's Smoked Meats
By Chef Clint Michael
- 1 Rack of St. Louis Style Ribs between 2-3 pounds
- 2 TBSP Course Kosher Salt
- 2 TBSP Course Ground Black Pepper
- 6 oz Sliced Fresh Jalapeno
- 2.5 oz Light Corn Syrup
- 2.5 oz White Sugar
1. Trim and remove seeds from jalapenos then slice thin and blend in food processor or blender.
2. Combine blended jalapenos, corn syrup and sugar in a pot over low heat.
3. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
4. Continue to cook over low heat until mixture loses its bright green color.
5. Once the color has changed remove from heat and allow to cool.
Score the back of the ribs all the way across the membrane with a sharp knife.
Season with salt and pepper and place directly in the smoker unwrapped at 200 degrees.
Make sure smoker stays at a constant temp of 200 degrees throughout the cooking process.
Ribs will take about 6-8 hours to cook.
When ribs are about halfway through the cooking process remove them from smoke and based them with the jalapeno jelly. Wrap the ribs in foil and place back in smoker at 200 degrees for the remainder of the cooking process.
Copyright 2018 WWSB. All rights reserved.