Smoke Salmon stuffed shells with lobster sauce
SARASOTA, FL (WWSB) - Have you noticed the trend at grocery stores? More and more prepared food items are easily available but not always hit my high marks for seasoning. Since I love to cook, this recipe combines the fresh pasta shells with smoked salmon and ricotta cheese and spinach. No time for homemade lobster bisque? I use prepared lobster bisque as the sauce and you have saved time and money.
- 24 jumbo pasta shells-locally I always use Peperonatta Pasta shells
- 2 shallots minced
- 2 cups fresh washed and diced spinach
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 8 ounce package of smoked salmon
- ½ cup diced fresh chives
- 16 ounces part skim ricotta cheese
- Pinch old bay seasoning
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 c mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 1/2 tsp seafood seasoning
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 container lobster bisque
1. Cook pasta according to package. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, add butter and minced fresh shallots. Sauté on low heat until translucent.
2. In a large bowl, combine smoked salmon, egg, mozzarella cheese and a pinch of seafood seasoning such as Old Bay. Chop fresh spinach and add to mixture
3. Drain and rinse pasta then stuff each shell with 1 rounded tablespoon of seafood mixture. Place in a greased 13x9 baking dish.
4. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
5. Grease 13 X 9 inch baking dish. Place ½ cup prepared lobster bisque on bottom. Stuff shells and place on top of lobster bisque.
6. Pour the remaining bisque over stuffed shells. Bake uncovered at 350° for 30-35 minutes.
Serve hot with a simple arugula salad.
- Optional- chopped steamed shrimp
- 1 cup mascarpone to make the dish very creamy.