Matzo Ball Soup Recipe (just like Mom makes!)
- 1 whole chicken- preferably all natural
- 3 cartons organic chicken broth from The Fresh Market
- 1 package baby carrots
- ½ head celery- leaves and all chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- Small handful of fresh dill- chopped
- 2 tsp. dill seed
- 1 tsp. celery salt
- 1 TBSP. celery seed
- Parsley dried or fresh
- Black pepper and fresh ground salt to taste- be liberal
- Manischewitz Matzo ball mix
Prepare mix and set in refrigerator for 15 minutes. Boil water in large pot and follow directions for cooking. Remove matzo balls and place in soup.
Place chicken stocks and All Seasoning, carrots, celery, onions, fresh dill and parsley. Bring to boil and simmer gently for 1 hour. Remove chicken and let cool, continue to simmer soup both for another hour.
Remove all skin from chicken and discard. Pull chicken off the bone into pieces and add back to soup.
Finally, add cooked matzo balls and serve. Enjoy!