• 6 pears, cored still intact
• ½ quart cranberry juice
• 2 cups pomegranate juice
• Orange zest
• 1 cup apple juice
• 2 star anise
• 2 cinnamon sticks, whole
• 2 teaspoons cloves, whole
• Carfully remove the seed core from all pears. Leave intact and do not remove stem.
• In sauce pot, add juices and all spices along with cored pears.
• Bring to gentil boil, cover pot and simmer for 25-35 min until pears are soft (cooking time may vary with of pear used).
• Remove from heat and gently place pears, spices and cooking liquid in sealable container.
• Cool quickly.
Salted Caramel Sauce
• 2 cups sugar, granulated
• ½ lbs butter
• 2 cups heavy cream
• 1 tssp sea salt, course
• Melt sugar and butter together over medium flame until sugar is fully carmelized but not quite beginning to smoke.
• Remove from flame and add half the cream.
* Be very careful, as liquid caramel is very dangerous and capable of serious burn injuries.
• The caramel will quickly react by boiling up immediately. Using a long whisk, stir until boiling slows and then add remaining cream. If chunky, keep spirring until chunks dissolve.
• Cool sauce. Server over pears