My vegetable curry is fragrant and exotic. The secret~use a combination of wet and dry spices. The addition of coconut milk and a drop of heavy cream add a sophistication to this humble dish.
- 2 Stalks Celery (Sliced on Bias)
- 2 Carrots (Sliced on Bias)
- 1 Medium Onion (Cut In Cubes)
- 1 Red Pepper (Cut In Cubes)
- 1 Gold Pepper (Cut In Cubes)
- 3 Cups Blanched Cauliflower Florets
- I Cup Blanched Peeled Potato Cubes
- ½ Granny Smith Apple (Peeled/Cut in Cubes)
- 4 Cloves Garlic Chopped
- 1 Tbsp. of Fresh Ginger Chopped
- ½ Cup Coconut Milk
- ¼ Cup Heavy Cream
- 3 Tbsp. Curry Powder Blend (Slowly Toasted In a Small Pan Until Aromatic)
- 3 Tbsp. Tamarind Curry Paste
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- Mint for Garnish
- Macadamia Nuts for Garnish
- Salt/Pepper To Taste
Blanch the cauliflower and carrots by putting them in boiling water. After a minute or two place in ice water to stop the cooking.
Add the oil and butter to a hot sauté pan. Add all the vegetables and cook until tender. Add the garlic, ginger and the curries. After a minute, add the coconut milk and the heavy cream. Cook for just another minute until the flavors all meld. Season with salt and pepper if necessary.
Place in a bowl for service. Garnish with mint and chopped Macadamia nuts.