1 tablespoon olive oil
4 Veal Chops, about 1 inch thick-Butcher Block on 17th will hand cut you beautiful chops
Salt and freshly ground pepper
2 garlic cloves, lightly crushed
2 cups peppers in vinegar (SEE BELOW)
1 package thick noodle like pasta (cook to order)
1 jar high quality marinara sauce
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is very hot, pat the chops dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook the chops, turning once, for about 5 minutes on each side, or until browned.
Lower the heat to medium and scatter the garlic around the chops. Cover the pan. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes more, or until the chops are just slightly pink when cut near the bone. Do not overcook, or the chops will be dry. Transfer the chops to a plate and keep warm.
Add the peppers and the 2 tablespoons liquid to the skillet. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the peppers are just heated through. Spoon the peppers over the chops and serve immediately.
· 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
· 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
· Coarse salt and ground pepper
· 3 sweet bell peppers (any color), cut into thin slices
· 1 hot red chile (optional), sliced
· 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
· 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
1. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high. Add onion; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until onion softens, 3 minutes. Add bell peppers and chile, if using, and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper; add vinegar. Stir to combine, cover, and cook until peppers soften slightly, 3 minutes. Toss with oregano.