- 72oz Canned solid white albacore tuna in water, drained
- 2 Medium red onion, diced
- 6 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 6 Tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 6 Tablespoons extra virgin oil
- 6 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 Tablespoons red vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 Tablespoon ground black pepper
- 3 Medium tomato diced
- 6 Cups rinsed and drain cannellini beans
- 24oz Spring mix salad greens
- 12 Medium avocados
In a large bowl, flake the tuna with a fork. Add onions, basil, chives, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and toss to combine; fold in tomatoes and bean.
To serve, place greens on the plate: top with avocado half. Scoop tune mixture into avocado half and served with baguette toasts, if desire.
--Chef Diego Malatesta, Cafe Americano