I love Thanksgiving and for our viewers here at ABC 7, November is filled with all your holidays needs. Chef Judi’s Dish and our dining page will help you with everything from deciding which is the best way to cook your turkey to gluten free pumpkin desserts and a host of delicious side dishes.
Adapted from Cooking Light
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, roasted in oven
- ¼ cup water 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- Pinch crushed pepper
- ½ tsp. Chinese five spice
- 4 cups chicken stock
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 6 slices bacon- cooked crisp and crumbled
- Diced flat leaf parsley garnish
- Parmesan cheese shaved
- Extra garnish- one porcini/truffle ravioli (I use Fresh market)
Peel roasted potatoes. Discard skins.
Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add oil, onions and sauté until translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
Add seasonings and stock-bring to a boil. Place ½ of sweet potatoes and half of stock in blender
Remove and pour into new pot. Blend next half.
Divide soup into 6 bowls
Sprinkle with crisp bacon crumbles and parmesan toast or ravioli garnish with minced parsley