- 1 box (8 ounces) cannelloni or manicotti pasta (about 12 shells)
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup Farmer’s cheese1 cup sundried tomatoes with juice
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan, plus 1/4 cup for sprinkling
- 1 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup fresh parsley minced
- 1 pound precooked large shrimp- remove tails and chop
- Fresh mozzarella for topping
- 2 cups red sauce
- Salt and pepper
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta.
In a large bowl, mix together ricotta, 3/4 cup Parmesan, eggs, basil, parsley, shrimp, salt, and pepper and sundried tomatoes with liquid.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Fill the cannelloni with the crab mixture and place in a buttered baking dish. Top the filled cannelloni with red sauce and sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake until bubbly and the top is golden brown, about 15 to 20 minutes. Serve immediately.