- 1 quart (1 liter) organic chicken stock
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 1 12-oz (336 g) package of white or crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 2" (5 cm) piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tbsp (15 g) red curry paste tsp fresh lemon grass
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) gluten free fish sauce
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1 1/2 lb (680 g) shrimp
- 1 14-oz (392 g) can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 2 scallions, chopped (white and green parts)
- 3 tbsp (3 g) cilantro, minced
- 2 tbsp (4 g) fresh basil, minced
Combine the chicken broth, peppers, mushrooms, ginger, curry paste, Iemongrass, fish sauce and sriracha and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes. Add the shrimp, coconut milk, lime zest and juice and cook a few minutes or until the shrimp is done. Turn off the heat and add the scallions, cilantro and basil. It's that simple. The coconut milk will separate when the soup is stored in the fridge, but the whole soup comes back together when reheated.
TIP: You can easily substitute another kind of fish or shredded chicken for the shrimp in this recipe if you like.