- 4 large bone-in, skin on chicken breasts, about 3 pounds
- 4 large whole chicken thighs, about 2 pounds
- 1/2 navel orange, zested, plus the juice of 1 whole orange
- 2 limes, 1 zested, both juiced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 large cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- Freshly cracked black pepper
Put the chicken in a large nonmetalic bowl. Put the orange and lime zests in a small bowl and add the fruit juices. Whisk in the olive oil, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, and a generous grind of black pepper. Pour the marinade over the chicken and toss until well coated. Marinate for 20 to 30 minutes but no longer than 45 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Put a rack on a rimmed baking sheet. With tongs, remove the chicken pieces from the marinade and arrange them on the rack leaving space between each piece. Drizzle a small spoonful of the marinade over the top of each chicken piece; season well with salt and pepper, to taste. Roast until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear when meat is pierced with a knife, about 45 minutes.
Transfer the chicken to a serving platter. Cool slightly before serving or let stand until room temperature before refrigerating for later use.
Roasted citrus cauliflower
- 5 to 6 cups cauliflower florets, about 1 1/2 inches in diameter (from 1 medium cauliflower)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sliced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Chopped chives, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
Place the cauliflower florets in a large saute pan or a roasting pan. Drizzle the olive oil over the cauliflower, and season with the garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Place the saute/roasting pan in the oven and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure even roasting. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the Parmesan. Garnish with chopped chives and serve immediately while still warm.