- 2 pounds mined small or medium sized beets such as red and golden- washed
- Olive oil
- Himalayan seas salt or coarse salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- ½ cup fresh sliced fennel (optional)
- 3 TBSP lemon zest
- 3 TBSP. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Fresh mint- about 1/3 cup-stems removed
- Fresh dill-lightly torn
- ¾ cup goat yogurt strained or soft goat cheese
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Divide beets into 3 sections and place on aluminum foil. Drizzle beets and if using fennel with olive oil, seas salt and ground pepper. Wrap foil around the beets and place on plan (to avoid messy dripping as the beets roast.
Roast beets until tender, about 1 hour. Let cool slightly then peel. Skins should easily fall off. Quarter beets and set on serving plate. Set aside
Whisk lemon juice, 3 TBSP. olive oil, lemon zest and a pinch of salt together.
Add chopped mint and fresh dill.
Pour over beets and season. Place seasoned goat cheese or stained goat yogurt on the side of the plate with the beets and serve.