1 pound 13-15 shrimp shell on split down the back
1 pouch crab boil
½ gallon water
¼ cup old bay seasoning
1. Bring water and all dry ingredients to a boil in a medium pot, simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Add shrimp and cook 3-4 minutes, stirring during cooking. Remove pot from heat and remove shrimp from liquid.
Keep warm to serve.
Yield 3 cups
3 ounces salted butter
2 ½ ounces minced onion
2 cups water
2 ounces goat cheese
1 teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon white pepper
4 ounces yellow corn meal
1 ounce shaved parmesan cheese
1. In a sauce pan melt butter on medium high heat, Add onions and sauté until tender (about 3 minutes).
2. Add water and crumbled goat cheese, bring to a boil whisking to break down cheese. Add salt, pepper and corn meal whisking until smooth. Continue to cook 1 ½ minutes until mixture is creamy and lump free.
3. Remove from heat and add in parmesan cheese.
4. Spoon grits into center of serving plate and arrange shrimp around, garnish with your favorite slaw (we use celery root).