The Wild Salmon was on sale at Fresh Market and so moist and delicious with a simple pan sear preparation. For Cinco de Mayo I add fresh minced fruits to a pre-made salsa and top over the seasoned salmon.
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- Juice of one lime
- Zest of ½ lime
- 1 cup minced fresh organic cilantro
- Dahs hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapenos
- Blend in mixer until smooth- may be made ahead of time and refrig overnight
For the fish:
- 4 servings (about 6-7 ounces each wild salmon- skin on (cooking with skin on keeps the salmon moist)
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 TBSP olive oil
Season fish and rub with olive oil. Let sit in refrig. for 10 minutes
Heat pan on medium high and add fish when the pan is hot. Sear about 2-3 minutes per side, less if the fish is thin.
Serve skin side down.
Either homemade or freshly made at gourmet grocery store
- ½ minced cantaloupe
- 1 tsp. Minced jalapeño
- Squeeze of 2 fresh limes
Garnish- fried small corn tortillas
Arranged salsa on bottom of plate in center. Top with pan seared fresh wild Salmon. Top with cilantro-yogurt sauce. Lean corn tortilla on side of dish
May also be served chilled or use homemade salmon cakes instead of pans seared salmon.