- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into small pieces
- 2/3 cup chopped seeded plum tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup chopped red or purple peppers
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups hot cooked pasta from Pepperonata pasta
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 pound large sea scallops
- Pinch salt
- Chopped parsley
Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium skillet; bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to 1/2 cup (about 5 minutes). Drain mixture through a fine sieve into a bowl, reserving liquid; discard solids.
Return wine mixture to skillet. Add cream; cook over medium heat 1 minute. Add butter, stirring until butter melts. Stir in tomato, 2 tablespoon parsley, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Add linguine; toss well. Cover and keep warm.
Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Pat scallops with paper towel to remove excess moisture.
Sprinkle scallops with 1/8 teaspoon salt. Arrange scallops in pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Add scallops to pasta mixture; toss gently to combine. Garnish with cilantro, if desired