Cosimo’s Trattoria and Bar
Pesto Recipe: (Yield 16 oz.)
- 6 oz. fresh basil, large stems removed
- 4 oz. fresh spinach, stems removed
- ½ bunch fresh parsley, stems removed
- 2 oz. chopped garlic
- 6 oz. pine nuts
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 12 oz. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tbsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
Combine all ingredients in food processor. Pulse until all ingredients are smooth and mixed thoroughly.
Grilled Chicken Penne (Gluten Free)
Ingredients: (yield one serving)
- 8 oz. gluten free penne (or any other gluten free pasta)
- 4 oz. thinly sliced chicken breast
- 1 oz. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 oz. calamata olives
- 2 oz. diced tomato
- 2 oz. pesto
- ½ oz. baby arugula
- 3 slices of thinly sliced buffalo mozzarella
- Pinch of kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil, add a pinch of salt
Add pasta and cook until al dente
While the pasta is cooking, heat a sauté pan over high heat until hot, reduce heat to medium.
Add oil, cook for one minute
Add chicken and olives, cook for one minute
Add tomato, baby arugula, and pesto, remove from heat.
Add pasta and toss until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed
Place pasta on oval or round platter, garnish with sliced buffalo mozzarella and fresh basil.