A stop at Geier's Sausage Kitchen and I found baby back ribs at 5.99 pound. Serve with spaetzle and pretzel rolls to sop up all the sauce.
· 2 full racks baby back ribs
· salt and pepper
· 1 onion, diced
· 2 carrots, diced
· 6 cloves of garlic, halved
· 2 bottles Belgium or German beer
· 1 cup beef stock
· 1 cup favorite bbq sauce
1. Season ribs with salt and pepper and roast in a 450 degree oven for 20 minutes.
2. Remove ribs and place in a large Dutch oven along with the remaining ingredients; cover and place in a 300 degree oven.
3. Cook until connective tissue has dissolved and meat falls from the bones, about 3 hours, but perhaps longer.
4. Remove ribs to a platter and strain out other solids, reserving jus to serve with ribs.
Serve with Spaezle and pretzel rolls