Orange Sesame Dressing
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce (optional)
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 6 cups washed baby spinach
- 1/4 cup daikon sprouts
- 1/4 cup julienned carrot
- 1/4 cup julienned jicama
- 2 tablespoons mixture of black sesame seeds and white sesame seeds, for garnish
1. For the dressing, cook the orange juice in a saucepan until reduced by half. Combine with the honey, sesame oil, soy sauce, vinegar, water and hot sauce in a blender. Add the shallot and ginger and process until smooth. Store in the refrigerator.
2. For the salad, mix the spinach, daikon sprouts, carrot and jicama in large bowl. Add the dressing and toss to coat well. Garnish with the sesame seeds
I serve with marinated grilled pork tenderloin.
Prepare an extra batch of dressing and marinate tenderloin for 4-6 hours.
Pan sear about 3 minutes per side and finish in 375 degree oven for about 15 minutes.
Let rest 20 minutes before slicing.
Use the left overs the next day for a sandwich on baguette.