- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped red pepper
- 1 teaspoon seeded and minced jalapeño
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup celery (optional)
- Freshly milled black pepper
- 4 ounces lump crabmeat
- 4 dressed rainbow trout
- Old Bay Seasoning
- Fresh lemon juice
- Chopped fresh parsley
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
Heat the olive oil in a large nonreactive saucepan. Stir in the mushrooms, peppers, jalapeño, onion, and celery, if using.
Cook for 2 to 3 minutes over medium-high heat, stirring frequently.
Remove from the heat and cool for 15 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Stir in the crabmeat. Set the mixture aside.
Fan open the trout and sprinkle with the Old Bay Seasoning.
Loosely pack the cavities of the fish with the vegetable-and crabmeat mixture. Place in a large baking dish and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until cooked through. The fish will expand, displaying the stuffing.
Remove the trout from the pan and squeeze a lemon into the pan juices. Pour over the fish. Garnish with chopped parsley before serving.