• 2 Avocados
• 1 cup of water
• 1 bunch of Cilantro
• Juice of 1 lime
• 1 Tbsp of Tabasco sauce
• 1 cup of mayo
• 12oz florida blue crab (lump or knuckle)
• ½ Grapefruit segmented (supremes)
• 3-4 organic cherry tomatoes halved
• ¼ bunch of chives (cut into 2” sticks)
• Juice of 5 lemons
• 2 cups Extra Virgin olive oil
• 1 cup of Honey
• s/p to taste
1. To make the vinaigrette, place the lemon juice in a mixing bowl, slowly whisk in the oil to emulsify, add honey, continue to whisk to incorporate, season with salt and pepper, set aside.
2. Place cilantro in the blender with the water; blend till all leaves are incorporated. Slice avocados in half, discard the pit, slice the avocado pulp and place in blender, blend till smooth and add water to help blend if needed. Pour mixture in separate bowl, add mayo, lime juice, tabasco salt and pepper, whisk till there is no lumps, set aside
3. Toss crab, tomatoes, grapefruit, and chives in a bowl, add vinaigrette to incorporate, season with salt and pepper.
4. Place the avocado puree on the bottom, place crab salad on top, garnish with some cilantro leaves.