8 oz celery chopped
8 oz. onion chopped
5 oz carrots chopped
16 oz maple syrup
16 oz chicken stock
4 cloves fresh garlic
2 sprigs fresh rosemary
2 sprigs fresh thyme
3 lb nueskis slab bacon
2 tbspn canola oil
In a heavy bottom sautéed pan lightly caramelize onions, carrots and celery, place vegetables into a big enough braised pan, add stock, syrup, garlic, thyme and rosemary and bring to a simmer. In a non stick sauté add oil and pan sear bacon on all sides and place into braising pan. Place buttered parchment over then foil to seal. Place into 350 degree oven and braise for about 2 1/2 hours or until tender. Remove from liquid and strain liquid into a sauce pot and reduce to a glaze. The bacon should be very tender, wrap up with saran wrap and chilled if not using right away.
This maple Braised Bacon is very versatile
• Marinated thick slices of the bacon in buttermilk and garlic, lightly bread and panfry for country fried bacon
• slice thick and render in pan for bacon and eggs.
• Dice and cook with spinach or swiss chard
These are some of the menu special we have use at the restaurant
Buffalo Smoked Bacon Slider
• Country fried Bacon top with a buffalo mayo and blue cheese on a slider roll
Country Fried Bacon BLT
• Country fried Bacon top with lettuce tomato and truffle parmesan mayo, add lobster to this and you have a winner
Baby Arugula and Romaine Salad with Country Fried Bacon, Granny Smith Apples Baby Beets, Honey Mustard Dressing
• Mix your favorite salad and cut bacon into small pieces over the salad.
Griddled Smoked Bacon and Gruyere Cheese on toasted Sourdough, topped with a Mornay sauce and Country Fried Egg (Croque Madam)
• make a cheese sandwich with 2 pieces of buttered sour dough, sliced bacon, Dijon mustard and gruyere cheese, place into a saute pan and toast on each side, top with a mornay sauce ( Cheese sauce) and a sunny side up fried egg