- 6 Large Pink Lady or Jazz apples
- 1/3 pound chopped raw pecans
- ½ cup fresh cranberries simmered in cider and cinnamon stick for 30 minutes. Save juice for later
- 1 cup Fresh Apple Cider plus ½ cup for cranberries
- 1/3 cup raw coconut sugar
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted Irish or French butter
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon all-spice or pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon diced ginger candies or mashed crystalized ginger
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Slice the top off each apple then core and arrange in ungreased baking dish
Set tops aside
In a medium pot simmer cranberries with ½ cup cider and 1 cinnamon stick until just tender. Remove cranberries and save liquid.
Fill apples with pecans, ginger, cranberries and dot with butter on each apple. Place tops over apples
Pour 1 cup cider in pan and add spices and 2 cinnamon sticks
Bake covered for ½ hour.
Remove foil, baste apples and bake until fork tender.
Place apples in individual bowls and remove cinnamon sticks.
Simmer liquid with lemon juice and pour in each bowl
Serve warm with whipped cream or coconut creamer.