Chef Bryan Jacobs, University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 2 cups water or Chicken broth/stock
- 3 cups or 3 large avocados chopped
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- ¼ tablespoons finely chopped Spanish onion
- 2 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 1 green jalapeno
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt or to taste
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2tsp coriander
- 1tsp chili powder
- 1tsp Ancho chili/ chipotle powder
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 freshly diced tomato
- ¼ fresh Spanish onion fine diced
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- ½ clove chopped Garlic
- 2 Tblsp lime juice
- 3 lg Shrimp diced Steam, poached grilled personal preference.
1. Place all the ingredients in your blender/vitamix (vitamix is preferred) and puree until smooth.
2. Flavor to taste and chill before serving. Top with Garnish and serve.