Pistachio Crusted Salmon | Chef Judi
- 1 (2 to 3-pound) side salmon, skin on
- 2 lemons juiced
- 4 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 1 cup shelled pistachio nuts
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cups baby Kale
- Pink Himalayan sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 4 yellow beets roasted, slightly cooled and quartered
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Arrange the side of salmon on an oven proof baking sheet, skin side down. Mix the lemon juice and mustard together in a small bowl and spread sparingly over the top of the salmon.
- Coarsely grind the pistachios in a food processer. Add the panko bread crumbs, the oil and salt and pepper, to taste. (The bread crumbs should be slightly wet, as it helps the stick to the salmon.)
- Sprinkle the pistachio mixture over the mustard to cover the salmon evenly.
- Put in the preheated oven and bake until the salmon reaches the correct doneness, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and place over sautéed baby kale and roasted beets.