SARASOTA, FL (WWSB) - For reviews, recipes, cooking tips and more, visit MySuncoast Dining at www.mysuncoast.com/dining
Pecan Crusted Red Snapper
Eliza Ann's Coastal Kitchen
- 8 oz filet of Red Snapper or other varietal
- Dijon Mustard & Pastry Brush
- 1 lb. butter
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon minced sage
- 1 tablespoon minced thyme
- 1 ½ oz grade a maple syrup
- Salt and pepper
- 1 C Toasted, Chopped Pecans
- 1 TB Sage, Fresh, picked
- 1 TB Thyme, Fresh, picked
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Pinch Allspice
- 1 TB Cornstarch
- 2 TB Maple Syrup, Grade A
- 2 C Escarole, cleaned, washed and chopped
- ½ C Spinach
- 1Red Pepper, thin julienne
- 1Yellow Pepper, thin julienne
- 1 jalapeno, thin julienne
- 1 PC Garlic, thin sliced
- ¼ C, Water
- ¼ C, Sugar
- ¼ C, Apple Cider Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients for crust into the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until coarsely ground.
- Salt and pepper the filet of snapper on both sides. Brush with mustard.
- Put pecan crust on plate and press filet down onto crust. Make sure to cover completely.
- In a sauté pan, heat olive oil and butter until bubbly. Medium low heat. Place filet crust side down and sear until golden brown. Nuts will burn if pan is too hot.
- Flip fish over and sear the other side. Place fish in 350 degree oven for 6-8 minutes or down to likeness.
- Place sauce down on plate, place escarole on sauce and place fish on top.
- Garnish as you like.
Instructions for Maple Sauce
- In sauté pan on low heat, slowly melt butter and cook down until it turns brown.
- Once brown add shallots and garlic and brown slightly, approx. 2 minutes.
- Add white wine and cook out the alcohol.
- Once reduced add a little more butter (cold butter) to get desired viscosity.
- Add herbs, seasoning, and grade A maple
Instructions for Sweet & Sour Escarole
- Make pickling liquid in sauté pan.
- Add peppers, seasonings and garlic.
- Simmer until soft.
- Add Escarole & Spinach.
- Cook until wilted.
- Strain off liquid.
- Hold until serving.
Copyright 2018 WWSB. All rights reserved.