Pan Seared Red Snapper with Carrot Puree
I love Saturday downtown farmers market. There is an abundance of fresh organic produce from Worden Farms and my favorite fish monger- Maggie’s Seafood. Red Snapper is always a favorite and the carrot puree adds a nice creamy texture as a base.
- 1 pound carrot peeled and chopped
- (save tops of carrots for garnish)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼- ½ cup chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season with EVOO
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Roast at 375 degrees until tender
- Place roasted carrots in food processor
- Paint the carrot puree on a plate and place pan seared snapper on top
1. Brush lightly with EVOO, kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.
2. Heat pan to medium high and add seasoned snapper. Sear on both sides until lightly brown.
3. Place in oven at 400 degrees for 4 minutes if the fillets are thick.
4. Place fish on top of carrot puree and serve with purple cauliflower or broccoli rabe.