Mussels Curry from Curry Station
1 lb PEI Mussels ( 2 serving)
4 Tablespoon Vegetable oil or coconut oil
1 Teaspoon Cumin seed
1 Teaspoon Mustard seed
8 to 10 Curry leaves
1 Whole Onion chop
3 Whole Tomato chopped
3 Tablespoon Ginger-garlic paste(1 thumb ginger +6 cloves garlic)
1 Teaspoon Tomato paste
1 Whole Green Chilies chopped (optional
1 Teaspoon Turmeric powder
1 Teaspoon Chili powder
1 Tablespoon Cumin powder
1 Teaspoon Coriander powder
½ Teaspoon Garam masala
½ Cup White wine
½ cup Coconut Milk
1 Teaspoon lemon Juice
½ Cup Cilantro chopped
Salt To taste
1. Heat oil on the pan add cumin seed, mustard seed curry leaves then add chopped onion and sauté till golden brown.
2. Add ginger-garlic paste and cook for few minutes and add tomato paste and chopped tomato then add all the spices and salt.
3. Keep stirring a for few minutes, add wine and let it cook for few minutes.
4. Add coconut milk and let it come boil and add mussels. Let it cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Taste the seasoning and garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with rice or Naan bread.