This colorful dish makes for a great appetizer or light meal. The infusion of the natural sweetness of the fruit and honey, mild heat of the chilies and the savory overtones of the chicken are ideal for adventurous foodies!
Ingredients yield (approximately 6 servings)
- 1 lb. of minced chicken breast
- ¼ cup of gluten free soy-sauce
- 1 TBSP sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 TBSP Sesame Oil
- 2 ripe mangos, diced
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1 TBSP fresh grated ginger
- 3 TBSP gluten free soy-sauce
- 3 TBSP rice wine vinegar
- 3 TBSP honey
- ¼ Cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 TBSP chopped cilantro
- 2 TBSP chopped fresh mint
- 2 TBSP sesame oil
- ½ tsp minced jalapeno
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 18-24 small butter lettuce leaves (washed and set aside)
- 1 TBSP (Chef’s Mix Cahaba Club Herbal Outpost, www.cahabaclub.com)
1. Marinate minced chicken in the soy sauce and sweet chili sauce (overnight would be best).
2. Heat a 10 to 12 inch skillet or wok with sesame oil over high heat until shimmering, add chicken and stir-fry until chicken has a nice sear and reaches a temperature of 165 or greater and no pink remains.
3. Transfer cooked chicken and spread out in a large pan to cool (a cookie pan for example)
4. Combine remaining ingredients (except for the butter lettuce leaves) and combine thoroughly; add cooled chicken to fruit mixture at marinate for 12-24 hours.
To assemble, place two lettuce leaves on top of each other and spoon a heaping tablespoon of mixture in the middle of the lettuce (being sure to not add too much juice to the wrap), repeat.