SARASOTA, FL (WWSB) - For reviews, recipes, cooking tips and more, visit MySuncoast Dining at www.mysuncoast.com/dining
Lone Star Caviar
Brick's Smoked Meats
- 4.5 cups of Beans, Black Eyed Peas, drained and rinsed with cold water
- 4.5 cups of Beans, Black or Turtle, drained and rinsed with cold water
- 5 ears of Corn, husk removed, grilled
- .5 cups of Onion, Red, 1/4" dice
- 3 Jalapenos, grilled, 1/4" dice
- .75 cups of Peppedew Peppers, 1/4" dice
- 1 bunch of Cilantro, Fresh, chopped
- 1 bunch of Onions, Green, thinly sliced
- 2.5 cups of Lime Vinaigrette, Brick's sub recipe
- 1 Tbls. of Chili Powder
- 1 Tbls. of Coriander, Powder
- 1 Tbls. Black Pepper
- 2 Tbls. Salt, Kosher
- Remove husk from corn, leave the kernels on the cob and brush them with canola oil, season with a pinch of salt. Using a char-grill, grill the corn over medium flame turning the ears of corn 1/8th turns thus allowing for all the kernels to achieve "grill marks". Grill the corn until kernels are tender, approximately 8 minutes. Remove corn from grill, let cool, remove the kernels from the cob, set aside.
- Brush the whole jalapeno with canola oil, season with salt. Place the jalapeno on a char-grill over medium flame turning the jalapeno 1/8th turns accordingly to cook all sides of jalapeno evenly. Cook till tender, remove from grill, let cool. when cooled split the jalapeno in half and remove the seeds and stems, dice 1/4", set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl place the black beans, black eye peas, corn kernels, jalapenos, onions, pepadews, cilantro, green onions, and seasonings. Using a kitchen spoon stir to evenly mix.
- Add the lime vinaigrette to the bean-corn mixture. Stir together to evenly coat all ingredients with the lime vinaigrette.
- Cover bowl and refridgerate for 2-4 hours before serving
Brick's Lime Vinaigrette
- 2 Cups of Canola Oil
- 1.5 Cups of Apple Cider Vinegar
- .75 Cups of Frozen Limeaid
- .75 Cups of White Sugar
- .5 Cups of Ponzu, Lime, Kikkoman
- .5 Cups of Water
- 2 Teaspoons of Salt
- .5 Cups of Keylime Juice
- Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend on medium speed for 1 minute until all ingredients are evenly distributed
- Vinaigrette may be made in advance and stored in a refrigerator for up to 5 days or used immediately after blending
Copyright 2018 WWSB. All rights reserved.