(serves 4 people)
VEGETARIAN AND VEGAN AND GLUTEN FREE
1 Large whole Spaghetti squash
1 Small bunch fresh kale trimmed and washed
1 Small bag of fresh spinach
1 Small can roasted red peppers or you can use fresh
2 garlic cloves chopped small
1 32 oz jar of good marinara sauce (Libby’s San Marzano Marinara preferred)
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
Salt n pepper
Fresh grated parmesan (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees while the oven is heating
- take the spaghetti squash cut it in half long ways scoop out all the seeds and guts and throw away
- season the inside of the squash, a little bit of the oil and salt n pepper
- place the squash face down on a non-stick cookie sheet or make sure you have some non-stick spray.
- Set timer for 35 min check the squash skin if the outside skin starting to get soft then you know the squash is done take it out of the oven and set it aside to cool down.
- While the squash is cooling julienne slice the red peppers.
- When the squash is cool enough to touch take a soup spoon gently spoon out the squash it should come out like long strands of spaghetti.
- In a large saute pan you want the pan nice and hot put a ¼ cup of the oil and chopped garlic and saute the garlic.
- Add the red peppers the chopped kale and spinach saute those all together for about a minute
- Add in the squash very gently so you don’t break up the squash then salt and pepper to taste.
- When serving I like to put the hot marinara sauce on the bottom of the plate then put the spasta on top of the sauce.
Copyright 2018 WWSB. All rights reserved.