Oak & Stone Kobe Beef Chili
Chef Mike Yoder
Yield: 1.5 Gal
O&S Kobe Chili
- 1 ounce Blended Oil
- 1.5 lb Ground Kobe
- 1.5 lb Ground beef
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Garlic
- 2 cups Chili Sauce
- 10 oz White Onion (medium dice)
- 8 oz Poblano Pepper (medium dice)
- 8 oz Red Bell Pepper (medium dice)
- 10 oz Sweet Potato (medium dice)
- 2 cups (packed) Kale (cleaned & roughly chopped)
- 2 qts San Marzano Tomato (canned-chopped)
- 3 cups Beer ( decent quality Lager or Ale)
- 1.5 Tbsp Cumin powder
- 2 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Cayenne
- .5 Tbsp Dried Oregano
- 1Tbsp Salt
- .5 Tbsp Ground Black Pepper
1) In a large rondo pan over high heat, add blended oil, Kobe and beef.
2) Cook until meat is browned, stirring often to break up the ground pieces.
3) Reduce heat to medium high.
4) Add onion, garlic, peppers, sweet potato, tomatoes, herbs and spices, continue to cook until vegetables are Al Dente.
5) Deglaze the pan with Beer then add in your Chili sauce.
6) On medium heat continue to cook Chili for an additional 15 minutes.
7) Fold in chopped Kale.
8) Continue to let simmer for 30--45 min for all the flavors to have time to mingle.
8) Remove from heat and enjoy!!