Christine Nordstrom, Five-O Donut Co.
- 3 Tablespoons (43g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 and 1/2 cups (180g) confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons (45ml) milk
Whisk the melted butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract, salt, and 2 Tablespoons (30ml) of milk together in a medium bowl. Whisk in the remaining 1 Tablespoon (15ml) of milk to thin, if desired. It's easier to dip the doughnuts if the glaze is thinner. Dip the doughnuts into the vanilla frosting, then cover with sprinkles.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 drops food coloring, or as needed (optional)
- Cream room temperature butter with a hand mixer, the paddle attachment of a stand mixer, or a wooden spoon until smooth and fluffy. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until fully incorporated. Beat in vanilla extract.
- Pour in milk and beat for an additional 3-4 minutes. Add food coloring, if using, and beat for thirty seconds until smooth or until desired color is reached.