Fresh Grouper with Key Lime Cilantro Butter | Chef Judi
Key Lime-cilantro Butter:
- 1 stick softened French or Irish butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- ¼ cup minced fresh cilantro
- Splash hot sauce
- 1 shallot minced
- 2 seven-ounce grouper filets
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- Fresh ground sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
Daikon radish and cucumber slaw:
- 1 cup julienned cucumbers
- ½ cup julienned red peppers
- 2 peeled carrots julienned
- 1 cup daikon radish peeled and julienned
- 2 TBSP. rice vinegar
- 2 TBSP fresh squeezed lime juice
- Fresh minced cilantro
- 1 TBSP. sugar
- 1 TBSP. gluten free soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- Combine ingredients for key lime butter. Chill in refrigerator (I often make a double batch to have extra butter for a grilled chicken dinner later that week.)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Season grouper with salt and pepper and Coastal seafood blend (St. Armand’s Spice & Tea Exchange)
- Heat the oils in a large skillet just until oil begins to smoke. Add grouper top side down and cook about 2 minutes, until fish is crisp on top.
- Do not turn over.
- Place skillet in oven for another 6 minutes until grouper is cooked through but still moist.
- Remove from oven and top with chilled key lime cilantro butter.
- Top with Daikon cucumber slaw and serve.
Copyright 2018 WWSB. All rights reserved.