White Picket Produce Delivery brought so many great veggies this week, I had a hard time deciding on just one recipe for Fresh From the Farm. For information on produce and delivery, visit: http://whitepicketproduce.com/
BUTTERNUT SQUASH, KALE AND TOMATO PASTA
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 1/4 cup sliced shallots
• 1 cup fresh organic kale chopped
• 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
• 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
• 1 ½ cups chopped tomatoes
• 1 1/2 to 2 pounds peeled, cubed or shredded butternut or other winter squash, about 5 cups
• 8 ounces spaghetti
• Freshly chopped parsley and Parmesan, for garnish
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt it. Put olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots, garlic, and pepper flakes and cook for about 1 minute; add tomatoes, Kale and squash, and cook with salt and pepper.
When squash is tender, about 10 minutes for shreds, 15 or so for small cubes, cook the pasta until it is tender. Combine the sauce and pasta, and serve, garnished with parsley or Parmesan.