Firehouse Salad with Seared Salmon and Super Healthy Vinaigrette
By Firefighter/Chef Chuck Moonen
- 1/2 cup rough chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup rough chopped ginger
- 1/2 cup rough chopped turmeric
- 1 cup organic cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup liquid aminos
- 1 ½ cup flax seed oil
- 8oz mixed greens
- 1 cucumber
- 1 carrot
- 1 red pepper
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 beet
- 4-6 oz salmon filets
- 1 oz olive oil
- Sunflower seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
1. Place rough chopped garlic, ginger and turmeric in food processer.
2. Chop small and place in 24oz Mason jar.
3. Add cider vinegar, liquid aminos and flax seed oil.
4. Shake well and let pickle for 2-3 days before use.
5. Julienne cut cucumber, carrot, red pepper, tomatoes and beet.
6. Season salmon, heat a large pan and sear salmon in olive oil.
7. Toss mixed greens with vegetables and vinaigrette.
8. Place seared salmon on top.
9. Garnish with sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds.