SARASOTA, FL (WWSB) - For reviews, recipes, cooking tips and more, visit MySuncoast Dining at www.mysuncoast.com/dining
Eggplant & Cherry Tomato Curry
The Indian Table
- 3 Tbsp canola or peanut oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 fresh green Serrano chili, chopped (optional)
- 2 inch piece of ginger, crushed; 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 30 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tsp salt (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 large eggplants, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- Few leaves of cilantro to garnish (optional)
- Heat oil over medium heat in a pan and add the onion.
- Cook for 5-6 mins until soft and turning golden. Add chili, ginger & garlic and stir for 10 seconds.
- Add tomatoes, stir and cover the pan.
- Cook for around 10 minutes until tomatoes are soft.
- Next, add spices, salt, sugar and tomato paste.
- Stir, and add 2/3 cup of water.
- Next, add the eggplant, stir gently, cover and cook for around 15 - 20 mins on a low to medium heat until eggplant is meltingly tender.
- Taste and adjust spices, salt as necessary.
- Garnish with cilantro.
Copyright 2018 WWSB. All rights reserved.