SARASOTA, FL (WWSB) - For reviews, recipes, cooking tips and more, visit MySuncoast Dining at www.mysuncoast.com/dining
Spice & Tea Exchange
Crisp Coastal Salad
- ¼ cup TSTE® Coastal Blend, divided
- 1 tsp TSTE® Habanero Sugar
- ¾ cup TSTE® Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted butter
- 12 oz pkg medium cooked shrimp (tail-off, peeled, deveined, thawed if frozen)
- 10 oz pkg spring salad mix
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ½ cup baby carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 pt grape tomatoes, washed and halved
- ½ cup cooked fresh sweet corn (about 1 cob)
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- IN a medium frying pan, melt the unsalted butter over low heat.
- ADD shrimp and 2 TBS TSTE® Coastal Blend into the pan with the butter.
- Sauté on medium heat until shrimp are cooked through and the majority of the butter has been absorbed (approx 3-5 mins).
- EMPTY spring mix into a large salad bowl.
- Layer with avocado, carrots, cucumber, grape tomatoes, sweet corn, onion, and then shrimp mixture.
- MIX remaining TSTE® Coastal Blend, TSTE® Habanero Sugar, and apple cider vinegar.
- While vigorously whisking, drizzle in TSTE® Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Pour over salad before serving.
Italian Sausage & Broccolini
- 1 tsp TSTE® Fennel Seed
- 2 TBS TSTE® Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp TSTE® Fleur de Sel Sea Salt
- ½ tsp TSTE® Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 TBS TSTE® Garlic - Minced
- 8 links (Italian) pork sausage (leave casing on)
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 8 leeks
- 1 lb broccolini, trimmed (bottom 1/3 of stems)
- PREHEAT oven to 450°F.
- BAKE 7 of the sausage links until golden, flipping over once (10 mins in the oven total).
- REMOVE the sausages from the oven and place them in a shallow container with the white wine and TSTE® Fennel Seed. Let sit for 10 mins.
- MEANWHILE, heat TSTE® Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large frying pan and cook leeks, TSTE® Fleur de Sel Sea Salt, TSTE® Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, TSTE® Garlic - Minced, and ONE sausage link (chopped) until soft and golden.
- Add broccolini and cook until tender.
- DRAIN the sausage links, chop them (or leave whole if desired), and return to the frying pan with the broccolini mixture.
- Cook another 10 mins.
- SERVE warm with a side salad, crusty bread, and a glass of red wine!
Copyright 2018 WWSB. All rights reserved.