Lobster Mac n Cheese and Philly Cheesesteak
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cup cottage cheese (not lowfat)
- 4 cups milk (not skim)
- 2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Pinch cayenne
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound sharp or extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 pound grated provolone
- 1 pound elbow pasta, uncooked.
- 1 pound thinly sliced rib eye or sirloin. (TIP) place meat in freezer for 1 hour before shaving. Makes using a knife on the meat much easier
- 1 large Vidalia onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper seeded and sliced
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees and position an oven rack in upper third of oven.
2. Use 1 tablespoon butter to butter a 9-inch round or square baking pan.
3. In a blender, purée cottage cheese, milk, mustard, cayenne, nutmeg and salt and pepper together. Reserve ¼ cup grated cheese for topping.
4. In a large bowl, combine remaining grated cheese, milk mixture and uncooked pasta. Pour into prepared pan, cover tightly with foil and bake 30 minutes.
5. Saute steak then onions and peppers in large pan with 1 TBSP vegetable oil. Season with salt, pepper and garlic salt. You can also dice the ingredients.
6. Uncover pan, stir gently, and top on half with Maine lobster and the other side with philly cheesesteaks (sans bread).
7. Sprinkle lobster side with Vt Cheddar and Philly side with provolone, with reserved cheese and dot with remaining tablespoon butter.
8. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes more, until browned. Let cool at least 15 minutes before serving.