Cedar Plank-Roasted Salmon with Dill Mustard Sauce
By Chef Jeff Chandler
- 4 fresh salmon filets – preferably wild or organic
- 4 cedar planks – available at gourmet grocery stores
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon malt vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (plus some for plank)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine Dijon mustard, malt vinegar, soy sauce and lemon in a small glass dish. Coat salmon filets with marinade and allow to marinate for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Remove cedar plans from soaking water. Rub cedar planks with extra virgin olive oil. Place salmon filets on cedar planks and season with sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Roast salmon 8-10 minutes (depending on size of filets). Serve with lemon and your favorite side dishes.